SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE COLOMBO PLAN SECRETARIAT
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs invites applications from interested individuals to be nominated by the Government of Fiji.
The Colombo Plan Secretariat is calling for nominations from its Member Governments for the position of SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE COLOMBO PLAN SECRETARIAT, which will be vacated in May 2018.
For more information about the Colombo Plan and its work, please visit their site: http://www.colombo-plan.org/
- Provides overall leadership and strategic direction to the development and implementation of the Colombo Plan programmes.
- Manages the day to day activities including resource allocation, technical support, hiring of staff and creation of collaborative programmes with member governments, other international organisations and institutes of excellence, as well as public relations, marketing and other programme related efforts.
- Would be in charge of managing the budget as well as overall funding of the programmes of the Colombo Plan.
- Responsible for resource mobilisation/ fund raising for the Colombo Plan Secretariat Programmes from donor countries, international/ regional aid agencies and other entities.
- Have the ability to raise extra budgetary resources for the Colombo Plan Secretariat.
Knowledge and Experience
- Have a minimum of 20 years of professional experience in government, regional or international organisations or in the private sector.
- Strong analytical ability, exceptional communication skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English are essential.
- Have a sound knowledge of the economic and social development processes in member countries of the Colombo Plan and critical insights into global economic and technological trends are essential.
- Any publications or published articles in the relevant field would be useful in support of the application.
- Should be physically fit and energetic to meet the rigour of the post.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess successful senior management experience and demonstrated track record in strategic thinking;
- Ability to develop strategic plans and achieve results.
- Have the capability for project design and implementation.
- Possess outstanding leadership combined with excellent diplomatic and inter-personal skills.
- Have a superior level of education where a PhD qualification would be an asset but, it is not a pre-requisite.
- Experience in working in a broad spectrum of economic development and social issues at grass root operational as well as policy making levels with an aptitude to work in a multi-cultural environment.
WHAT THE POST OFFERS:
- The incumbent will be located in Colombo, Sri Lanka but, will travel regularly in the Colombo Plan’s area of operation.
- The post is for a duration of 4 years and not extendable.
- The post carries an annual net (tax free)salary of USD$84, 000 p/a plus, a fringe benefit package including rent free accommodation, home leave, education grant and medical benefits as set out in the rules and regulations of the Colombo Plan Council and the CP Secretariat.
Applicants’ should address the following in their CV, which must not be more than 5 pages long. Any certificates, publications are to be attached as appendixes and clearly labelled.
APPLICATIONS CONTAINING THE CV AND A CURRENT MEDICAL CERTIFICATE ARE TO BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 4PM FRIDAY JUNE 23, 2017.
The advertisement is also on the website: www.foreignaffairs.gov.fj