VACANCY NOTICE: PERSONAL ASSISTANT/ PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (PA/PRO)
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF FIJI
VACANCY NOTICE- RE-ADVERTISED
POST: PERSONAL ASSISTANT/ PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (PA/PRO)
(EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF FIJI SEOUL, REPUBLIC OF KOREA)
VACANCY NUMBER: 1/2018
The incumbent reports to the Head of the Mission and looks after the overall Public Relations, translations, research and advice work for the Embassy and carries out responsibilities assigned from time to time by the supervising officer on general administration duties like providing secretarial support to the Ambassador.
The position will achieve its purpose through the following key duties: –
- Provide efficient and professional secretarial support to the Ambassador.
- Attending to enquires, arranging appointments, travel arrangements, create, update and maintain an efficient database.
- Recording official correspondences, disseminating to Diplomatic officers, registering and sending out standard letters and providing customer service at the counter.
- Planning, developing and implementing Public Relations strategies, collating and analysing media coverage, commissioning market research and managing the public relation aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Acts as an interpreter and do translations by reading through original materials and rewriting in English language and proofreading and editing of final translated versions (Korean and English) and consulting with experts in specialised areas.
- Perform any other official duties assigned by Diplomatic officers.
To be considered for this role, the applicant must possess a bachelor’s qualification in arts, humanities and social sciences or equivalent academic qualification and to be fluent in written and spoken Korean and English languages. In addition to this, the following knowledge, experience, skills and abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of Public Relations in terms of planning, developing and implementing public relations strategies.
- Sound knowledge of researching, writing and distributing press release to targeted media.
- Sound knowledge of translation from Korean to English of original documents to ensure the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Sound knowledge of communications through research and advice into the attitudes and trends of Republic of Korea’s international relations.
- A good working knowledge on Microsoft Office Suite and Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high-level organisation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a team;
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operational / corporate environment of the organisation.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Quality secretariat services and reports are provided to Committees, plans are implemented, and actions processed within the agreed time frames.
- Manage and maintain an effective and efficient records management system to ensure timely access and retrieval of documents.
- Build, maintain and sustain professional relations with stakeholders, suppliers and customers through timely communication that enables delivery of activities within agreed timeframes.
Personal Character and Eligibility
The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance as a condition of employment.
Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
Only candidates that fully address the above selection criteria will be considered.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interested applicants are requested to send application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 5.00pm, Friday, 19th October 2018