The Position Purpose
The incumbent of the post will be based at the Embassy of the Republic of Fiji in Seoul, Republic of Korea responsible for driving duties at the Fiji Embassy which includes VVIPs, VIPS & Head of the Mission.
- Driving duties at the Fiji Embassy which includes VVIPs, VIPS & Head of the Mission and assist with the protocol facilitation duties at the Airports.
- The incumbent must be prepared to work odd hours while discharging duties
- May be required to travel out of station for official purposes.
- Responsible for maintenance of vehicle and maintaining up to date vehicle records.
- Assist in the general administrative functions in the office such as filing works and mail handling duties.
- Any other driving and administrative duties as may be delegated to you by the Head of Mission.
To be considered for this role, the applicant must have High School or college level qualification or equivalent. The person must have at least 5 years of relevant driving experience with a clean and valid driver’s license. In addition to this, the following knowledge, experience, skills and abilities are required to successfully undertake this role.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with a clean and valid driving license and some understanding of Diplomatic protocol and practice; and basic understanding of general administration functions of the office.
- Sound understanding of the Korean road code and traffic laws.
- Awareness on the mechanical aspect of the vehicle would be an added advantage.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English and Korean languages fluently.
- Service oriented approach with a commitment to supporting the operational/corporate environment of the organisation
- Defensive driving skills
Salary: Annual Salary will be determined after the interview. Successful applicant will be responsible for the cost of your housing and travelling. Terms and Conditions of service will also be subject to the South Korean Government Policies & Regulations. Contract will initially be for three (3) years.
Personal Character and Eligibility:
The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance as a condition of employment.
Application will close by January 13, 2017 at 5pm.
Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed applicants will be contacted directly